Sunday, May 28, 2006

Balticon II

I'm pretty wiped. It's the end of day three of Balticon and I'm having a great time.

Most cons, I tend to focus on the small press authors because I can pick up books that usually can't buy at the local Borders or B&N. Sci-Fi and fantasy authors are some of the most accessible writers in the business and the small press authors are even more so. Having gone to Balticon for a few years now, I've gotten to know many of the small press authors fairly well and the best part is just having a chance to just chat them up live on what's going on in their careers.

I have to give special notice to Danielle Ackley-McPhail, who just relaunched her novel, Yesterday's Dreamers this month. Dani, who was also the editor of the anothology, No Longer Dreams, had a great launch party despite the lousy AC that made the room sweltering.

A lot of podcasters came to Balticon this year and I managed to get to several of the podcasting panels. I picked up a lot of tips this weekend as I prepare to start up my own podcast.

My own reading went well. I real my satirical story, Election 2040 and the con's podcaster recorded it, so maybe I'll end in the official Balticon podcast.

More to come after tomorrow's panels.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home